Sunday, March 1, 2020

A funny thing about Zillow

I put a new listing on the market last week; a nice mid-century classic in Northeast Portland, priced at $435,000.  At the time, the zestimate was $429,000 and change, and showed the value had increased $5000 in the previous 30 days (I should have snapped a picture).

Two days after the listing went live, the zestimate was $437,000 and change, and showed the property increasing in value by $13,000. in the previous 30 days.

Today:



This is the same house, over less than a week.

We're looking at offers tomorrow, and I expect we'll have at least four from which to choose.  Zillow can be a handy tool, sometimes, to gauge the general value of a property.  And clearly our pricing is right in the range, though I priced to comps, and didn't look at Zillow until it was listed.

I'll update once the sale closes, with the final selling price.

No comments:

Post a Comment