Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Thirty Years?!

Wow.  2019 marks my thirtieth year helping clients buy and sell real estate in Portland's varied and unique neighborhoods.  Throughout the year, I'll be looking at how the real estate industry, Portland, and I have evolved over those thirty years.



So, in 1989, I was living in a duplex at SE 14th and Yamhill.  That neighborhood was a bit "different" than it is today. The Kienow's grocery store was where Nostrana now sits.  And there was a video store where Crush Bar is.  We'd walk over to the video store and rent a movie AND a vcr.   Zell's Cafe was, and still is at 1300 SE Morrison.   The Monte Carlo and Lido restaurants were at SE 10th and Belmont.  Closed in 2000, a fire in 2002 left the property in limbo.  The Belmont goats lived there, until construction of the Goat Blocks began.

I was dating my now husband, Don.  We had cats.  Lots of cats.  I drove a Toyota 4x4 pick up truck. I loved camping.  Today, I'm married to Don, we have cats and a dog. I drive an electric car, and I still  love camping. 

Questions about 2019 real estate?  Give me a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment